Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hangin' at LAX

It's another beautiful day in So. Cal. Just hanging out at LAX waiting for my flight back to the northwest. I'm not exactly here with Matt but he comes here. Not much to do so I'm drowning my sorrows in the Gladstone restaurant watching the planes and having a beer.

Em dropped me off around noon after we had breakfast at Uncle Bill's in Manhattan Beach. Nice little place, very cool location, ocean view and of course the sunshine. I had a great visit with the Emster and my mom, enjoyed the Sports Club LA several times and got to see what the upper crust of LA looks like working out. I have to say, some of them look mighty fine. Sorry to be leaving because it was a lot of fun spending time with Em. Hopefully we'll be back again soon and will pick right up where we left off. If you are following Em's surgery recovery, it's good, follow up this Friday and she should be good as new.

Training for the last two days: Monday, back on the bike, club spinner, 60 mins. easy to moderate rate, nice to get my seat on; following that I did some resistance training for about 30 mins. There are many different kinds of machines and free weights available. One type was a group of machines called Gyrotronics, combination of resistance through a free movement cable system. Didn't get to use it much but maybe next time. It looked interesting. Afterwards I chilled in the sauna and finished the night with a solid meal at the club cafe. Tuesday I was back in the pool. This was very cool because I swam around 6 pm and as I was swimming I could watch the sunset. It was a beautiful one and the view was superb. As for the swim: 200 free, 200 kick which kicked my butt, 200 pull, 200 free; next 1500 free; cool down with 4-50's for a total swim of 90 mins. I was tired to say the least but felt good. Worked on my technique and alternate breathing. I really need to do the kick board drills! And by the way I saw Adam Sandler and Andy Milonakis at the club.

Well that about brings us up to date. I am not working out today but tomorrow I think I am due for a run or bike. So until tomorrow, "A Hui Hou" and I'll see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment