Sunday, September 27, 2009

Swim Day

At last I was able to get in the pool again. Luckily I was able to work out today in an excellent pool, picture attached. Having been out of the pool for what seems like almost two weeks, I dove in head first today.

I split my workout into three parts: warm-up and freestyle 30 min.; kick board 15 min.; breast stroke 15 min. I swam continuously taking short stand-up breaks after a few laps. I didn't really stop much but did take the opportunity to catch my breath. One thing that was apparent is that my kick using the kick-board was weak and was the most difficult thing to do today. I will need to insert kick drills now with the idea that I can increase the power of my kick and the overall speed of my stroke. 

Tomorrow I plan to get on the bike for a while and if there is time do some resistance training. "A Hui Hou", see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment