Wednesday, September 2, 2009


Aloha, I'm still in paradise. Today was a swim day. I decided to swim right here at the Papakea. I've included a picture to show the water at the time of the swim. I was in the water about 35 minutes. I first swam towards the park at the point in the distance. If you look closely you can see a channel between the coral beds where I swam. At the park I had to negotiate some long line fishing that was set. Swimming against the current was a good warm up and strength builder. Water was great, a little cool on entry but it warmed quickly. At the park I turned around and headed back with the current. It was amazing, almost like flying. Technique was smooth and to some extent effortless. Really enjoyed that part. The last part of the swim was close to shore and it was tough. I was swimming against a rip tide as the waves rebounded against the sea wall. I just kept my head down and stroked it out. Eventually I got out of the water on a sandy portion of the beach. I have to say that I do like to swim in the ocean during the summer. The water temperature is just right and the weather overall is beautiful.

We took a little trip into Lahaina in the afternoon to check out some of the stores. The Celebrity Gallery on Front St. is a must see; they have the only collection of Steven Tyler works, very cool. Also you have to see the Hale Zen store on Dickinson St. The owner has some very nice unique products there. Longhi's across the street from the Hard Rock has happy hour till 6:00. It is a great place to see the sunset. Finally, we got some dinner at the Honokowai Okazuya, a paper plate gourmet takeout. Cash only but everything on the menu is great. Portions are large so you can easily split.

Tomorrow is a run day. I'll probably repeat the Lower Honoapiilani Rd. route. Until tomorrow, see you on the road. A hui hou.

No comments:

Post a Comment