Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just when you think you got it all figured out.

Just when you think you have everything planned out something happens that makes you switch gears. My plan was to step up my training starting this past Monday, increase training to include more double days and increase distances. Ready to put some serious hours on my new ride but I had to make an unscheduled trip down south.

So here's what is happening. My mother has been ill for a while, had some heart issues, and then about a month ago had some corrective surgery. I was planning to visit but before I could finalize a date I get a call on Sunday that daughter Em is maybe having appendicitis. Turns out she did and had surgery at UCLA Ronald Reagan Monday morning. I'm on the plane from Seattle and get to the hospital an hour or two after she comes out of recovery. Long story short, surgery was complete success, Em is good and home as of Tuesday afternoon. Which means I'm in LA and training is a little on hold.

Training today was good because I ran the San Vincente loop from my mother's house to Ocean Ave. It took 70 min. and I think about 4 miles plus. It was interesting because of the scenery, different types of houses, running on the median accompanied by many runners, walkers, and cyclists in the bike lanes. Warm today as southern California often is, I warmed up quickly and had a pretty good pace out, unfortunately the pace coming in was slower. All in all I was pleased.

Now that I am here I will be nursing up Miss Emalia and visiting with mom so training plans are sketchy. I don't think I'll get much swimming in and I might be able to bike some, not sure yet. My plan for tomorrow is yet to be determined but I will let you know. "A Hui Hou"; see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment