Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Training restarted; effort rekindled

Feeling a little better each day. Still a little tender so I avoid too much too soon. It is unfair how fast your abilities seem to degenerate. A little over a week since the 10K, then surgery and now I can't seem to put much effort into any training. It reminds me of the difficulty of athletes coming back from injury; the early inability to discern between actual and perceived abilities. To say the least I seem to be a little gun shy.

Monday training: stationary bike, 40 min. 6 miles. Tuesday: elliptical 55 min. 4.25 miles.

Read Chi Running today. Found it very interesting. In a lot of ways I already exemplify some aspects of the style, particularly the mid foot plant. I think it will help me with my posture and general technique. Also it was suggested to get a metronome to establish the correct cadence for running. Surprisingly, the cadence for running is the same as the cycling range: 85-95. I'll think about getting one, Amazon has one for about $20.00. I recommend the book.

A hui hou; see you on the road.

2 comments: