Sunday, October 18, 2009

Dawg Dash--I finished!

Haven't run a timed race for nearly 30 years and today I finished the 10k Dawg Dash. I wasn't last in and my time was faster than I anticipated. I thought I'd run 90 min. and finished at 80 so that was great. Organization was great for me. I was excited at the start and hoped that not everyone would pass me. The course was also fun, some elevation, well marked; I ran on paths and roads that I passed years ago as a student. Good job Alumni Association. I think I'll come back and Maureen wants to do the 5k. We're having fun.

Training tomorrow is swimming. Tuesday I have a hernia operation so I think I'll take the rest of the week off. "A hui hou", see you on the road.

1 comment:

  1. Hernia operation? Doesn't that knock one out from impact sports for more that a week? Good luck with that. Nice job on the 10k run. Keep it up. You've got to feel great about it.

    ReplyDelete