Thursday, August 20, 2009

Swim Day

Training today: 40 minute swim, 25 laps. Improved my time a little since last swim; fewer stops at the turns. Felt good when I was done. I hope my times and distances improve, I feel like a slug moving through the water. Tomorrow will be a weight training day; no swim, bike or run. Saturday I'll be back in the pool for a combo swim and run.

I spent a little time tonight at Tri Lab web site; http://www.triathlonlab.com/; a cycle shop with a store in Santa Monica CA. They have a wide variety of product, lots of sale bikes, and some special triathlon packages. The triathlon starter package that includes a Felt Z100 road bike and a full wetsuit is very interesting priced under $1000. It looks like they have thought about their marketing to tri-athletes. Next time I'm in Santa Monica I will have to visit the shop.

Haven't found a bike on Craigslist, still looking. I'm a tad taller than 6 feet; I think a 58 cm will work for me though I have not seen a professional fitter. Got a short vacation coming up so I'll renew my bike search when I get home. See you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment