Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Light Weight

Training today was pretty low key. Warmed up and then lifted: some machines and free weights. After that a short jog 35 min and stretch 15 min. Takes a while to get into the running; at least 15 minutes before I start to feel like moving relaxed. Running is my weakness. I need to drop some more body weight and increase my speed. The next month or so should help with the weight loss.

What I am experiencing now is an opportunity for me to enjoy new areas of potential achievement. Today I was thinking about things that I have achieved during my lifetime and decided to make a list. I know, it might not impress you much and I have more than likely left something out, but it is my little niche:

  • Father, husband, son, brother, friend.
  • Husband to Maureen since March 21, 1971.
  • Three awesome children: Kanoa, Kaleo, Emalia.
  • Lifetime teacher. Started as a teen teaching swimming; 33 years plus as a K-12 educator and coach in Snohomish.
  • Licensed surfing instructor and outrigger canoe 2nd captain, Hawaii.
  • Served my country in the U.S. Marine Corps.
  • BA and MEd, and Principal's Credential from the University of Washington
  • Coached football, basketball, track and field.
  • Coach for Northwest Basketball Camps and Tour Team Europe.
  • Certified Drug and Alcohol/Peer Helper Consultant for Teens.
  • Instructor for the Summer High School Association, Finland.
  • And a pretty darn good cook.

So stop by and eat well, bon appetite (thanks Julia Child); life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment