Monday, August 24, 2009

Saturday and Monday

Sounds like "Rainy days and Mondays". Well there is no rain here, but you can tell in the last two days that Fall is on the way. I know, it's still August and I'm getting a little ahead of the seasons. It just seems like the air has a crispness to it that you expect in the Fall. Days start to get a little shorter and warm days take a little longer to warm up. Before long the trees will start to turn and the Fall color display will begin. I'm in no hurry but I do enjoy the Fall season.

Training Saturday was 40 min in the pool, about 24 laps. Then 30 min jog/run, bout 2.25 mi. Today I'll lift first then go for about a 75 min bike ride, as soon as it warms a little.

Training alone is a difficult path, you always have to motivate yourself. When you are part of a group then you have an obligation that you can't disregard. Today there are many conflicting thoughts going through my head, but my interest and enthusiasm for training remains steady. Mostly I stress over things that disrupt my routine or details that I haven't ironed out to solidify aspects of my routine. I expect to get a better bike soon and also an indoor trainer to help as the weather changes. Also as I train I think of those persons who for whatever reason cannot and that becomes a motivator. I am committed to do as much as I can as long as I am capable; who knows how far I'll get.

See you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment