Sunday, November 22, 2009

End of week summary

It's Sunday, semi-raining today, definitely gray out. Had a nice visit with friends from Finland on Skype after church. Then a late breakfast. I had a long ride yesterday so I wanted to rest today. After breakfast and coffee I decided it was time to write up the summary of training for the week. Relaxing this afternoon, sitting in front of the fireplace I am watching "Turner and Hooch" one of my favorite animal detective movies. Hooch is a Dogue de Bordeaux, one of the coolest movie dogs ever. Also a major drooler.

Friday I went down to SpeedReedy bike shop in Seattle for my fitting on the Cervelo I bought in September. Brooke made some adjustments, the mechanic checked out the overall condition, and I was in business. SpeedyReedy has been the best with technical help, friendly beyond expectations, and encouraging; a great business. Bike fit is much better and I am looking forward to the next sessions on the bike. Because of the inherent wetness of the Northwest I will most likely be indoors most of the time but hopefully I will get outside sometime each week.

Recent training: Thursday 2 hour jog, 7 miles. Friday 1:20 swim, about 2.25 miles. Saturday was a big combo day: 15 min. 2300 m row on the C2 rower and some dumbell lifts for shoulders to balance out the work from swimming, then 3 hours on the stationary bike for 44 miles, followed by a short 15 min. 1 mile on the treadmill to work on the bike to run transition.

Summary for the week: swim 5 miles, bike 87 miles, run 12 miles; total training time of 12:30. I feel that my ability to do work is improving. I am not going a lot faster, but I am able to work longer. This is good. Tomorrow I will lift and then hit the pool. A hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment