Sunday, November 7, 2010

Start of Daylight Savings in Palm Desert

Left for Palm Desert on Monday, two days on the road. Worked out Wednesday through Saturday. Short moderate runs at Chaparral. Discovered the Palm Springs Swim Center. Awesome outdoor 50 m. pool. Lanes are cross 15 by 25 yds. I had great weather 80s and low 90s, swam twice, shared a lane once. Great place to swim. Hope to get there at least one more time before leaving for home.

Training was limited to running and swim only. Swim 2.33 mi. 1:40; run 13.5 mi. 2:55; total 15.83 mi. 4:35. Not a great number but not bad for only 5 workouts.

Same thing happened last year during these few months. It seems that I kept losing training time because of travel commitments. It's a mixed bag, I like to be able to go but I also need to train. At least this time I found the Swim Center. I can see that if I had my bike I could get some good training here minus the weight training. Next time I'll have to find a place to do that as well.

Planning to train Monday and Tuesday, travel Wednesday and Thursday, back on schedule at home Friday. Until then, a hui hou, see you on the road.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really proud of you! Say hi to Maureen!

    -Heini from ecc :)

    ReplyDelete