Friday, May 21, 2010

Whoops!

Ever had one of those days when you have great expectations then bam, just isn't what you hoped for? Today was one of those. I had a nice long ride scheduled, ride out the trail and follow the Lake Stevens 70.3 route to see how it goes. Get warmed up and shift over to the big gear and...the chain spins off and down I go in a heap. So I unclip, get up, fix the chain, check out the bike which now has new dings, and then realize its cold out and my attitude is really bad. Ok so I start off riding, down the trail, leg dripping blood from a really sweet strawberry, but by the time I get to the turn for the Lake Stevens bike route I'm just not feeling it so I decide to just continue on in the relative safety of the trail. Long story short all the way I'm not focused and can't seem to get into the ride. Somewhere between here and there I turn back and retrace my route with the exception of the crash. Back at the car I examine the bike one more time confirming cosmetic damage, and then head home. As for me, I have a really nasty skinned knee, a large bruise on my hip, and a few odd kinks and tweaks which altogether make for a sad boy. In addition to the immediate injuries I won't be able to swim until I heal a bit. This is the fourth time I have bonked. I am not a happy camper at all. I'll be fine in a while but right now not so much.

Oh yeah, I rode a little over two hours and 30 miles so at least I achieved something today. And one more thing, I have been thinking all day I need to learn how to make the transition on and off the bike with my shoes clipped in like the pros. Seems a little funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment