Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sprint Tri'd

Awesome week following a road trip south. Medium intensity training week, practice sprint tri on Saturday, and Saturday/Sunday on the westside of San Juan Island; can't get much better than that.

Training: swim 2:00, 2.21 mi; bike 2:45, 36 mi.; 1:37, 6.7 mi; strength training 2:30; total distance 44.91 mi., total time 8:52.

Sprint tri: 1/2 mi. swim 0:24; 12 mi. bike 0:45; 3.2 mi. 0:37; 1:46 total excluding transition times. This was a good simulation and I learned several lessons: started too fast in the swim and had to regroup; bike leg was much better than I expected; and it took at least 3/4 mile to find my legs in the run. Many thanks to my Monroe Tri club organizers and club mates for an awesome fun day.

It's a new week and it is week 13 in my training cycle: approximately 14 hrs scheduled; hope I get it all done. Looking forward to the challenge of training and finishing painting the garden gazebo along with general home responsibilities, looks like I will be busy. So, a hui hou and I'll see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment