Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Update and December summary

Arrived home late Monday night, didn't leave Santa Monica until Sunday. Glad to be back home. Got two more runs in before leaving: Wednesday Dec. 29 Palm Desert Chaparral loop 4 times 8+ miles in 2:15; then Saturday Jan.1 had to start out the new year right, Margarita-Ocean-San Vincente-Bundy-Montana-25th for about 7 miles in 1:50. I've been using a HR monitor and try to stay in the 120 130 range for base training. Santa Monica is a great area to run. I can see the ocean and there are all kinds of interesting sights along the way. I had to be in southern California because on my last run down the San Vincente median I heard the sound of a foreign sports car and sure enough, coming up from behind (only in California) a silver Ferrari with a bike rack and a townie bike. Too funny!

Before I forget while in SM I went to Triathlonlab a few times and highly recommend them; they (Carly) were very helpful and fun to visit with. It is a great tri focused shop on Pico and if you are in the area they are awesome. Visit there or check out their site http://www.triathlonlab.com/.

December summary:
Swim 7.5 mi 4:30
Bike 71 mi 5:45
Run 60 mi 12:00
Total 138.5 mi 22:15

I should be training again in a day or two. Of course it is raining in Washington so I will have to adjust, miss the sunshine, and do what I can. A hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment