Sunday, December 27, 2009

Palm Desert California

Been a while since I last had a post; I've been training on alternate days. I have just been running so I need to rest some between sessions. I've been without internet access. Just arrived in Palm Desert for a couple of days. It is unusually cold this time of year, only 60 for a high today but mostly sunny. Good to run in. I read a great article on Mark Allen's website to guide my aerobic base training. Conveniently I just acquired a HR monitor.

Training summary: Dec. 18. run 8 mi. Brentwood, San Vincente, to S.M. pier loop, 2 hrs; Dec. 20, run 7 mi. Brentwood, Margarita, S.M. pier, San Vincente loop, 1:40; Dec. 23. 5 mi. Brentwood, Margarita, Ocean, Wilshire, San Vincente loop, 1:15; Christmas Day Dec. 25. 5 mi Brentwood, Margarita, Ocean, Idaho, San Vincente loop 1:20; Dec. 27. 4.25 mi, Chaparral CC loop 2x, 1:15; 20 minute swim.

Should be able to run again Tuesday, then Wednesday back to Santa Monica. Should be making the trip home to Washington by Saturday. Till then, a hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment