Sunday, September 26, 2010

Week 1 2010-2011 Cycle (year 2)

Two weeks since my last posting includes a week of rest and one week of training ending today. This is the annual beginning of my training/off season preparation for next year. I have completed exactly one season training which will come full circle at the October Dawg Dash 10k which was my kick off event last year. I feel good about my work and I am so looking forward to the next season. My ultimate goal is still to qualify, compete and complete the Hawaii Ironman. So next summer will be an eventful one trying to qualify at the longer distances and that means this off season is going to rev up too. I have big hopes, just hope I can hang in there. I'm making a few changes and expanding my workouts to help prepare me for the spring.

I will continue to use the Matt Fitzgerald training guide. Also I highly recommend his book "Racing Weight." It is for endurance athletes but has a lot of useful material for personal assessment. I have joined the local Masters' swim team to improve my swimming and that requires a life style shift getting up before dawn practically 3 days a week to train. Also added to yoga workouts per week to help my flexibility and I have started working with a new chiropractor in the hopes of dealing with some joint issues. Each of these changes have already appeared to be beneficial. And of course there is my Monroe Y support group, though I am sure they don't know it, that continues to aid me in training and with motivation.

Weekly training summary: Swim 2.32 mi. 2:20; bike 21.5 mi. 1:50; run 9.1 mi. 2:15; weights and stretching 3:00; yoga 2:00. Total 12 workouts; 33 miles; 11:25 total time. 12 workouts x 600 cal per workout= 7200 cal burned. BMR=1712.16 per day x 7 days= 11985.12 cal.
7200+11985.12= 19185.12 cal burned. Approximate cal in 14145 for -5040.12 cal for the week.

Supplements include daily vit.; Advocare bio tools, recovery drinks and meal drinks; creatine and aminos. Utilizing gels and Cliff bars on long days or days with consecutive workouts.

So that's week 1 wrap up with some additional details. Next week I'll only have 3 days of regular training; I'll be at Malibu YL (Canada) Th-Sun. Probably get some exercise there but nothing in the formal training mode. I plan to get 9 workouts in before leaving. So if I see you, it'll be a blur; a hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment