Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A short note

I've been working hard at English Communication Camp in Karjaa Finland. Long days up at 7 and bed at 12. Students are excellent, lots of diversity, Namibians, Iraqi, Swedes, and Finns. I was able to squeeze in a run on the wooded cross-country track near the school I am working at. Did about 3.75 mi, 55 min. today. Need to up that by 30% on my next run. Haven't had the opportunity to do much else until today but I've got some days to go before heading back to the states. The trail is very nice, wood chips and soft earth, rolling hills, a 3 k circuit. It is lighted for the winter so nordic skiers can use it in the snow anytime. Also it is well protected, safe to run, very interesting environment, chance to listen to nature. Anyway, more later, a hui hou, see you on the road (somewhere).

Side note, I just tried to spell check but because I am online in Finland the program thinks I should be speaking Finnish. That is pretty funny. Hope it's ok. Also some Monroe Y Tri members are doing half marathons soon, so good luck to all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment