Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Spring Training

Though it is still officially winter in the Northwest, I'm psyched for spring. I love March, St. Paddy's Day, spring flowers everywhere. The beauty that reminds me that I have a whole season of yard work ahead. And unfortunately I have begun. We have had several good days and some cold ones. In between I've weeded, mowed, raked, fertilized, pruned, and gotten ready for bark. Also I have been training.

I've done most workouts indoor all winter and now I am getting more opportunities to go outside. Of course so are others and there are more and more people showing up on the road. I had an excellent week of training and finished with an indoor tri, albeit a short one, on Sunday at the Y. So all and all, I feel pretty pumped about the week and have good energy for this week's training.

Summary: swim 3:20, 3.85 mi.; bike 4:50 57.5 mi. (up 20 from last week); run 2:15 10 mi.; strength 2:50; cardio 1:00. Total distance for s/b/r 71.35 miles; total time of exercise 14:15.

If you follow ultra sports: Conrad Stolz killed the MTB 2010 Challenge at Cape Argus; Scott Beasley finished the Copper Canyon Ultramarathon in Mexico. In my own way I'm keeping at it; a hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment