Monday, March 22, 2010

It is official: Spring has arrived

Sunrise over the Monroe valley.

I had an awesome week of training, well one day I was kind of ill, but other than that, great. Gotta give a shout to the Monroe Tri'rs, great swim clinic Evan and Hamber, fun brick on Sunday, thanks Sarah and Kirsten. I am the slo-bee nubie. Thanks for Sarah running with me. It was good fun and I want to do more with this group.

Training in the last week: Bike 63 mi, 5:30; Swim 2.21 mi, 2:15; Run 6.2 mi, 1:30 (slacker); Strength and core work 2:30; no additional cardio; 11 workouts, 71.41 mi. 12:45 total time. Endurance is growing but speed is slow to come around.

This week will be short, can't workout every day: 8 workouts expected, bike and strength, swim and run. Back on longer schedule hopefully next week.

Here is my list of potential races, what do you think?
Issaquah Sprint June 5; Seafair Sprint July 18; Whiskey Dick Olympic tri Aug. 1 or Wenatchee Aug. 21. Also looking into Branson 70.3 or Black Diamond long tri in September and Leavenworth 1/2 marathon in October but those are question marks for now.

Just FYI, celebrated St. Patrick's Day responsibly, first day of Spring joyfully, and 39th wedding anniversary (Mar. 21, 1973) happily.

That is all for now. A hui hou and I'll see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment