Thursday, February 25, 2010

Not AWOL just busy

Missed my summary post over the weekend; apologies to anyone who missed me. Actually it has been a busy two weeks, doing a little rearranging in the house, cleaning and painting as well as keeping up my training. I have been training consistently 5 to 6 days a week and some days twice. Improvement is incremental, small steps, and still my nemesis is the bike. My local YMCA has a community tri group (Facebook: Monroe WA tri club) and it is good to have that support. Every day I see a familiar face and it encourages me to keep at it. The weather has been encouraging, allowing for a few more chances to get outside, still on the cold side but dry.

Summary for last week: Swim 2.25 mi. 2:05; Bike 32.5 mi. 2:30; Run 5.25 mi. 1:20; Cardio 11.5 mi. 2:40; Strength/stretch 3:20; Total distance 46.5; Total time 12:00.

With my increase in training sessions I have to make sure I get plenty of sleep and have been keeping fairly consistent with my nutrition: lean meats, vegs, fruits, then carbs. Not much in the way of energy drinks or recovery drinks with sugars. My weight is gradually bit by bit moving toward my goal. Supplements include Advocare BioTools, low carb recovery drinks, no gels or bars.

Almost through this week; strength training, core workout, and long bike tomorrow. A hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment