Saturday, February 6, 2010

February, it's starting to warm up

Days are getting longer, a little warmer, almost 60's like today. This week numbers of people walking, running and cyclists on the Centennial Trail have increased two-fold. It's good to get outside. I've done all my workouts but I'm experiencing some low back pain and general soreness. I think it is related to my previous fall down the stairs two weeks ago. Hopefully I'll be getting better soon.

I have been modeling my workouts based on the Matt Fitzgerald training guide from Triathlete magazine. It is very clearly laid out with goals and workouts. I'm working on the level 1 full triathlon workout, now in week three.

Summary for the last week: Swim 5 miles, 4:00; Bike 32 miles 2:45; Run 16.75 miles 4:25; Strength training 2:10. Total miles 48.75 and time 11:20.

I feel that I could be doing more. I think that I need to up my cycling significantly. Perhaps as the days get better and warmer, I'll get more opportunities to up the mileage. I'm using several Advocare supplements and can give more information on those if you're interested. Still at it since August so A Hui Hou, and I'll see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment