Sunday, November 1, 2009

Slow start; 3 month summary

I've been at this since August. I have not been able to train every day which is good because I have to be conscious of potential injury. I do believe that I am improving gradually. At this point I can summarize mileage for each month, Aug. 136.5, Sep. 191.25, and Oct. 154.75. What I learned at the Dawg Dash 10K is that I can go the distance in an event but I really need to step up my pace.

Because of family events and other commitments it is difficult to maintain a consistent schedule. The most difficult event to work in is the bike outdoors and then availability of swim time. Living in the northwest, outdoor events for the next few months will most always be cold and/or wet; and the YMCA pool varies in availability. I don't have the funds to purchase an indoor trainer so I rely on the spin bikes at the Y.

I am still using the beginner workout as a guide for my training (http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/) with adjustments for my age and physical ability. Watched the NYC Marathon today; it is inspiring and daunting. I just always have to remind myself who I am and why I am doing this: for personal improvement and enjoyment.

A hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment