Sunday, May 1, 2011

Desire and gratitude

Desire and gratitude are two of my daily motivators. There are others such as the influence of friends and family, past experiences, daily successes, and the encouragement of people I meet day to day, but for me, every day I observe that I have been given a gift to desire to train and achieve new milestones, and I am grateful for this and all gifts provided by grace as marked by the recent Easter celebration. Each day I am not sure what I will accomplish though I have a plan to attempt each day but I am always grateful, filled with a grateful heart, that I have the opportunity to train, to believe and to profess my faith to others. Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through him who gives me strength. When I struggle or think foolishly that I can do it on my own, I am grateful for that message.

As far as training: I'm in a build 2 stage. Managed 13 workouts for a total of 18 hours this week. By Sunday night my body is pretty worn out. As I told a fellow cyclist yesterday, I am always sore. Tomorrow morning I will have a recovery swim session, about a 90 minute moderate cycle session, rest and then in the afternoon my weekly weight session. Just under 6 weeks until the Boise 70.3 race June 11. The following weeks include 3 more build weeks, 2 peak weeks, and the race/taper week. After that a bit of a rest, then training until the Tri-Monroe Olympic distance on June 26. Right now my main objective is to successfully complete the Boise 70.3 and validate my entry into the Kona Ironman Championships which then becomes my new "A" race for this season.

Training summary for this past week: swim 5 miles, 4:30; bike 80 miles 6:15; run 25.25 miles 5:45; total miles this week 110.25. Total time including strength training at 18:00 even.

Today I ran the Old Snohomish Road to Monroe. Beautiful day, low 60's temperature. Lots of cars, trucks, and cyclists, no runners. That run was about 9 miles in 2 hours. Looking forward to more intense training this week, still trying to bump up my bike mileage, and completing the entire workout plan for the week. So if you're planning on being at the Y or on the road, a hui hou, I will see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment