Sunday, April 17, 2011

Hawaii Ironman

Last two weeks on the road. San Jose to do some home chores for Kaleo. Quick stop in Santa Monica to check in with mom. She's doing well. Out to the desert to quick check on the condo, everything was fine. Brother John and friend in residence for a couple of weeks. Back to Beaverton, dinner with Em and BJ, all is well there. Finally home, rest a day, yard work for a day, back in the routine tomorrow.

Big news, received email from Ironman with notification of winning lottery for Hawaii Ironman 2011. I'm in. One of 200 selected. The odds of winning is unbelievable and now, it's on. In order to validate my entry I have to complete an Ironman event so I've registered for Boise 70.3 in June. Now I'll adjust my workout to 70.3. After I'll switch back over to the full IM regimen.

Race schedule now includes:
Boise 70.3 in 7 weeks
Tri Monroe in 10 weeks
Whiskey Dick in 15 weeks
Kona in 24 weeks

More on the training adjustments later. A hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment