Sunday, March 27, 2011

One week since the MI half

The last week was difficult. My legs were sore most of the week but I continued to work through my workouts. The stiffness is mostly gone although I had to rest the last two days. After adding up the numbers for this week I went back to my workout records from last year to compare how I was doing. For the first 12 weeks of the year my volume is up significantly averaging 81.3 miles per week compared to 57.68 last year. Also given the times posted in various races this year and my perceived difficulty of workout levels I feel like I am doing pretty good. However, I am still behind on my bike distance goals for the current weeks in the base 3 phase and so I am hoping what I think I have accomplished is fairly accurate. I know I'm doing better but I am not sure by how much. I've been out on my bike a couple of times in the last week and am still concerned with my hill climbing ability. It needs to be an area of concern as I approach the build phase of my training. The other concern I have is that am I progressing at a rate that is commensurate with my age for the training. Am I ahead or behind. Hopefully the next 4 weeks will tell. I have just 3 months before the TriMonroe.

Numbers for this week: swim 3.3 miles 2:30; bike 56 miles 4:00; run 9.5 miles 2:10; 0:45 on weights; total miles 70, total time in training 8:40 (with wts. 9:25).

Training this week more of the same as I go through base 3 another week. The key is to complete all the bike distances. A hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment