Thursday, December 2, 2010

Back home in Washington

Since my last post I swam the Kona harbor twice, 1 mile each in 35 and 30 minutes. Beautiful place to swim. There were only a few swimmers in the water so it is basically you and the fish. Water temperature is warm and this year the ocean was relatively calm with mild surges and a manageable current. You just swim out to the coast guard buoy and back from Digg Me beach. Excellent. I also completed another short run: 4 miles on Alii Drive in 49 minutes. Now that I'm back home once I get organized I will be back training again. In the last week or so as I pondered my training while enjoying the beauty of the Kona coast I have come to the conclusion that I still have a long way in terms of training mileage to go if I want to be able to complete the long course triathlons. So there it is, an early new year's resolution: more miles. Specifically on the bike and run. I hope to pick up the new Lemond Revolution trainer from Mr. Crampy's today or tomorrow and Saturday we have a Monroe Tri Club meeting to go over the "off-season" training and commitments so that will help with accountability. As far as the swim, the Y Master's are doing all they can to kick my butt.

So until the next time, a hui hou, and I'll see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment