Sunday, August 8, 2010

Taper, next Tri in two weeks

Last few days and next two weeks I'll be into my taper getting ready for the Apple Capital Tri in Wenatchee. Moving up in distance to the Olympic distance so I think that it is important to taper for this one. I'll keep up the frequency of workouts, cut back on the volume and try to keep up the intensity. I will also continue my strength and stretch sessions but with very light weights. Additionally I expect to keep regular hours, plenty of sleep and rest outside of workouts, no caffeine, specifically coffee which is a major sacrifice.

July workouts totaled 219 miles, 41 hours plus 6 hours of strength and stretch training.

Weekly summary: swim 2.13 mi. 1:40; bike 69 mi. 5:25; run 6 mi. 1:15,\; strength/stretch 1:30; total miles 77.13, total time 9:50.

If you are a facebook friend you can see a few pictures from the SeaFair Tri. A hui hou, see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment