Saturday, July 17, 2010

Seafair tomorrow

Making my weekly post the night before Seafair Tri. Since this week was a lead up to competition I cut back training by half.
Summary: swim 1.35 mi. 60; bike 31.5 mi 2:30; run 5 mi 70; strength 50 minutes; total distance 37.85 mi.; total time 7:05.

Picked up my race packet today, did some gardening and work around a small retaining wall; then got my race bag and bike ready. It was sunny today and fairly warm. The packet pickup was outside, it was carnival like, several vendors, lots of competitors; the emotion was infectious. I'm feeling pretty healthy, definitely prepared so I am excited to get to it tomorrow. The distance is a sprint: 1/2 mile swim, 12 mile bike, 3.1 mile run. The weather projection is for drizzle, overcast and cooler temperature. Hopefully it will not rain and the route is dry. Have to leave early to get to the event, no parking at Seward Park so I'll be looking for street parking then walking/riding to the transition setup which opens at 5:15. Heading to bed, try to sleep and get up on time.

If you're in the race, good luck. Special good wishes for my Monroe Tri teammates. To all, a hui hou, and I'll see you on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment